Martin D28 Authentic 1937 with VTS
Regular price $7,995.00
Unit price per
Sparkling condition. As new.
This addition to the Authentic series is a recreation of the original 1937 model offered with Madagascar rosewood back and sides. Martin’s new Vintage Tone System (VTS) is employed for the top and braces.
The new Martin Vintage Tone System (VTS) uses a unique recipe that is based on the historic torrefaction system. The VTS acts much like a time machine in which Martin can target certain time periods and age the top/braces to that era.
This focused method allows Martin’s craftsmen and women to recreate not only the pleasing visual aesthetics of a vintage guitar, but also reproduce the special tones previously reserved for vintage instruments.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- CONSTRUCTION: Dovetail Neck Joint - Hide Glue Construction
- BRACING PATTERN: Authentic 1937 Forward-Shifted X-Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- TOP MATERIAL: Adirondack Spruce with VTS
- BACK MATERIAL: Madagascar Rosewood
- SIDE MATERIAL: Madagascar Rosewood
- FINISH TOP: Vintage Gloss
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Vintage Gloss
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''''
- NECK SHAPE: Authentic 1937
- NECK TAPER: Standard Taper
- ELECTRONICS: Not Available
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 Medium - 92/8 Phosphor Bronze MA550T