Regal RD-52 Black Lightning Wood Studio Square Neck Resonator Guitar
There's never been another resophonic guitar like it—the Regal RD-52 is an unprecedented value with a style and look all its own! With its distinctive pearl peghead inlay design and unmatched build quality, it is no surprise that this popular Regal consistently outclasses anything at three times the price. Our goal from the very beginning was to combine all of the ground breaking design features and legendary tonal characteristics of vintage originals, with modern construction techniques to make instruments that are priced within the reach of the working musician or any square-neck enthusiast. Features include all mahogany construction with a tonewood fingerboard finished in a translucent glossy black that still lets the actual color of the wood shine through, a genuine USA-made cone, an old-style sound-well with parallelogram openings, a scale length of 25 inches, nickel-plated hardware, and the period correct California-style body and neck shape. The RD-52 Black Lightning is fantastic value offered in a resophonic guitar and will satisfy any customer looking for that true square neck sound.
- All mahogany construction in a beautiful high gloss transparent black finish looks and sounds stunning
- Classic prewar 12th fret body joint recreates the sound of the original resonator guitars from the 30s
- Attractive design peghead with Black Lightning inlay design provides a classic art deco look
- Regal's vintage style rock maple trapezoid ported sound well produces a rich classic tone
- Golden Gate's patented spider and US made aluminum cone resonate with crisp clarity