Two Words”Dick Dale. Yes, the man who helped create the sound of surf music that defined a generation is at it again with the introduction of his signature Malibu. He designed this beautiful acoustic-electric guitar with painful attention to detail including the dual matching pickguards, 3" body depth for a more comfortable playing and less feedback when plugged in, Fishman pickup system with onboard tuner, and of course the reverse headstock to help you surf those signature Dick Dale licks.
Built on a thin folk body design, the Fender Malibu SCE features a solid mahogany top, back, and sides, and scalloped X-bracing, offering well-balanced tone, with plenty of punchy projection. The maple neck, rosewood compensated bridge, and rosewood fretboard add clarity, and the vintage-style Fender tuners keep the 6-string in precise tuning from song to song. Featuring a surfin' red paint job on the top and back makes the Fender Dick Dale guitar a perfect instrument for sitting beach side by the campfire with your pals.
The Fender guitar also feature a Stratocaster reverse headstock shape with Dick Dale signature, dual-action truss rod, dual pickguards, traditional Fender bridge, factory-mounted forward strap button with internal block reinforcement, white pearloid block inlays, checkerboard rosette, soft "C" shaped neck, multiple body bindings, bone nut and saddle, and a gloss finish completing the package. Includes case.
- Body Style: Folk
- Scale Length: 25.30"
- Top: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing: Scalloped X-Bracing
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Neck: Maple
- Nut Width: 1.65"
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
- Hardware: Chrome
- Finish: Gloss
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case Included
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Vintage Fender-Style with Aged White Plastic Buttons
- Strings: D'Addario Exp 26 Coated Phosphor Bronze .011 - .052
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Pickup System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp/Tuner
- Fender Stratocaster reverse headstock shape with Dick Dale signature, fender folk guitar body shape, dual action truss rod, dual pickguards, traditional Fender bridge, factory-mounted forward strap button with internal block reinforcement, bound fingerboard, white pearloid block inlays, checkerboard rosette, soft "C" shaped neck, multiple body bindings, bone nut and saddle