This Versatile Combo makes a Stellar Stage and Studio Amp!
The Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 1 x 10 Combo 2-channel tube amplifier goes beyond what you'd expect from even a feature-laden Boogie amp! This compact combo actually turns into a completely different beast with the flip of a switch — You can actually choose between a 25-watt Class A/B power section and Class A 5-watt power! This flexibility makes the 1 x 10" Express 1 x 10 5:25 Combo perfect for both loud live work and and "small amp" recording! Of course, being a Mesa/Boogie, this amp comes loaded with tons of great features for a huge range of tones; get onboard the Express 5:25 1 x 10 Combo today!
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 1 x 10 Combo 25-/5-watt Tube Combo Amp at a Glance:
- Great Boogie tube tones for all kinds of players
- The best of both (power section) worlds
- A tone-shaping, air-moving beast, packed into a convenient combo
Great Boogie tube tones for all kinds of players
Wouldn't it be great to be able to use the same amp onstage that gives you rich, "small amp" tone in the studio? Thanks to Mesa/Boogie, you can! The Express 5:50 and 5:25 combos each feature four inspiring modes and two completely different power configurations, spread across two fully independent channels. Are you a tonal traditionalist? Select Clean and Blues for your two footswitchable sounds. If you're addicted to gain, choose Crunch and Burn. Then stand back as the well-mannered soul of Dr. Jeckyll morphs into the maniacal Mr. Hyde, hardcore beast. Most important is the classic authenticity of all these iconic tones. No matter what your stylistic destination, the Express will take you there — fast.
The best of both (power section) worlds
Up front, that number "5" indicates the low power, single-ended magic of pure Class A. The "25" and "50" refer to the rated push-pull (Class A/B) output. Together, these make up Duo-Class, Mesa/Boogie's new patented new power circuit. It's the first to offer both single-ended and push-pull configurations in the same amplifier.
A tone-shaping, air-moving beast, packed into a convenient combo
Each channel is further equipped with its own Contour depth control for added shaping that's both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, Contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher Contour settings, especially in Crunch and Burn, take you into Recto turf, which is tight, huge and menacing.
Don't be fooled by the compact size of these combos; they're capable of the kind of volume that can keep up with a live band while providing the tonality, nuance, and flexibility you need in the studio.
Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 1 x 10 Combo 25-/5-watt Tube Combo Amp Features:
- Open-back combo
- 1 x 10" E50 speaker
- All tube: 5 x 12AX7A, 2 x EL84
- Switches from 25-watt Class A/B operation to 5-watt Class A operation
- Fixed bias for consistent performance
- Two fully independent channels with four style modes
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master. and Contour controls per channel
- Footswitchable Variable Contour Control on each channel provides EQ from one rotary control
- All-tube long-spring reverb
- All-tube effects loop
- 3-button footswitch (Channel 1/2, Reverb, and Contour)
- Slipcover included
- Mesa/Boogie products are ONLY available for US shipping. Must be a U.S. resident.
- Shipping charges apply.